Monday, October 04, 2010

Shoulders of a Man Part 2

I mentioned in my last post that I had read a captivating collection of insight, truth, beauty and sorrow entitled "A Wife's Eyes are the Window to a Man's Soul" written by Randy Elrod. I'll come back to truth again, but want to touch on insight.

I'm reminded of a passage in Wild At Heart where author John Eldredge writes of his own interactions with women. He describes talking with a woman and internally asking: "what is God revealing about Eve? What is He revealing about himself?" There's such wisdom and power in those questions.

We all have that opportunity everyday, all the time. This kind of awareness is evident in Randy's observations about his associates wives over the years. Oh that we would all live so aware.

Human interaction is so much more than sight, touch and sound. It is about life. It empowers, feeds and fills us, if we will let it.

I hope you will. 

No comments: